Who is Caroline Hirons?
Caroline Hirons is a professional that has been working in the beauty industry for years. She’s now working as a Consultant to brands in Beauty Industry and has been blogging for 5 years.
How do I find her blog?
By reading Leija’s post about Puche who is referring to Caroline Hirons as her beauty guru 😀 (some steps, I know. But when I see Puche’s flawless skin, I IMMEDIATELY click on Caroline Hirons’ link and spend like an hour to read her posts. Me want the secret magic too! ^^ )
What do I like about her blog posts?
1. I’ve found a lot of bloggers who write reviews about some skincare/make up products only based on their experience, not their knowledge. Caroline has been working in the beauty industry for 18 years so she KNOWS what she’s talking about. No doubt on that!
2. She educate people to read the label and understand the ingredients of a product. Each ingredients works differently thus create different results. It’s important to know our skin condition and choose the right product with right ingredients.
3. She’s logic, honest and witty. Nuff said!
New knowledges I get from reading her blog:
1. She advised us to apply the cleanser to DRY skin (as a facialist would do to our face) and to avoid any kind of “foaming” cleanser. This is a bit surprising since most of the cleanser on the shelves featured this “foaming” thing.
2. I found out the important role of an Exfoliator. We are so familiarize with the term toner, and use it as our last part in the cleansing step. An exfoliator do more than that. It’s main purpose is not for cleansing but for lifting out the dead cells gently and to lower the pH level after cleansing.
3. Put the eye cream first, even before serum! Odd advice since almost all articles on Beauty Routines and even the label of eye cream products told us to put the eye cream last, after moisturizer. Her reasoning is very logic, though: “No matter how careful you apply your serums/moisturisers you will always get some in the eye area and then your eye cream won’t absorb where you want it to. Pointless.” Well said, mrs. Hirons.
4. Sugar destroys the collagen (T_T) I’m always been a sweet tooth, so this fact broke my heart. *wave good bye to all cakes, pudding and ice creams *cry
And why do I share this with you?
Several months before I reach the mystical Three-Zero-Age, I reads lots of blogs related with skincare products and routines. Why? Because, as everybody knows, as we get older our skin gets older too. And I realized that my skin deserved some attentions. No, a LOT of attentions! (go wrinkle, go away!!)
It’s bit too late, though. I wish I knew all of these stuff when I’m in my 20s (regretting all years spent in sunny Balikpapan without sunscreen and proper cleansing -_-” )
So, if you’re still on your 20s, put some attentions on your skin, please, and don’t forget to use sun block when you are in out door area. If you’re in your 30s, just like me, lets try our best to hinder those dark spots and wrinkles away.
You, and your skin, deserved better 🙂